AGAPE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM ANNOUNCES
2019 HEART FOR KIDS AWARD RECIPIENTS
Summer Hansen, Hector Rodriquez, and CHASE Bank to be Honored at Red-Tie Event
LONG BEACH, CA (April 29, 2019) – Agape Children’s Museum announced today
the 2019 recipients of their Heart For Kids Award, honoring an individual(s) and
corporation or foundation, for:
• Strengthening children’s love for learning through the arts, literacy and health;
• Helping to make additional and better play possible for South Bay area children;
• Demonstrating a commitment to learning through arts, literacy and health;
• Making outstanding contributions of time and or/investment to enrich the lives
• Making outstanding contributions to strengthen and advance the mission and outreaches of Agape Children’s Museum.
This year’s recipient of the Heart For Kids Lifetime Individual Award is Summer Hansen, for her 25 years of dedication, commitment and service to the children and families, of our community. Children’s Day USA started in 1993 as a heart based project of Summer Hansen to promote people of all ages and celebrating life. The Children’s Day Festival was created to inspire everyone to do something wonderful to make our world a better place.
The 2019 Kids at Heart Corporate Award goes to Hector Rodriquez and CHASE Banks the Museum’s Official Autism Holiday Toy Drive Partner – in recognition for their continued commitment to the children and families of our community. Last Holiday Season CHASE and their record 27 local banks collected over 300 toys for those neediest of children and their families. Hector who is the Chase Bank Manager for the Lakewood Branch has voluntarily taken the lead and been instrumental in helping to coordinate and connect banks in his district to make this campaign a yearly success. The Kids at Heart Awards presentation will take place on Saturday, June 8, 2019, 6:30 pm at the Museum’s Red Party Reception at the Long Beach Masonic Banquet Hall, 3610 Locust Ave in Long Beach benefiting the Museum’s art, literacy and health programs. Info at agapechildrensmuseum.org.