Make plans to attend the 2017 Family Health Festival on September 30, 2017, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at Admiral Kidd Park in West Long Beach. Agape Children’s Museum (ACM) is Long Beach’s only children museum. It is a “Museum Without Walls,” meaning that it’s a mobile platform designed to be able to outreach to the local community. Our mission is to provide a hands-on learning environment that promotes the overall health and awareness of children and their families. Since 2011, ACM has served as an art, literacy and health advocate and resource for children and caregivers living in the greater Long Beach area and the surrounding communities. The museum prides itself on forging partnerships with other organizations and participating in community events, educational outreach programs and traveling exhibits.
2017 Family Health Festival Mission
To promote health awareness to the residents of Long Beach and surrounding communities, to collaborate with health and wellness providers and specialists, and to motivate participants to make positive health behavior changes in their lives. This will become an annual event.
2017 Family Health Festival Objectives
- Promote health focused awareness and detection among our diverse population.
- Provide access to free or low-cost screenings and immunizations for children, adults and senior citizens.
- Include pets as family members.
- Empowering people to take charge of their health.
- Increase health awareness through activities, materials and demonstrations.
- Teach self-care practices and safety.
- Increase awareness of local health services and resources.
- Identify local medical professionals and businesses.
Agape Children’s Museum is a 501 (c) (3) organization as such all sponsorship and donation money be kept in an integrity based accounting system. To provide transparency of all financial transaction will be provided to sponsors of this event.